Friday 16 March 2007

Overview at commencement

I did think I knew exactly what area I wanted to go into (Motion Graphics), yet I now realise there are many other areas to learn that lead to this. I would like to be realistic about my skill level at the moment. I still love motion graphics stuff, but I am very much interested in good image making and typography (good 2d still work is my current goal), so I am looking at a greater area of work. I am also yet to find out which companies are out there. I have a family and we're settled here in Wrexham, so moving to London or abroad isn't really possible and highly unlikely.

I will be looking at companies all over the UK initially, as I might then have something to strive for in the northwest, or could look into the possiblity of freelance work. I ideally want to work at a muti-disciplned and dynamic company, where I will continue to learn and make a lot of good contacts.

I will update these reports half way through and as a conclusion. Hopefuly by that point the path will be a little clearer!

No comments: