Monday 19 March 2007

Non-Format
























Company:
Non-Format
Type: Art Direction, Design and Illustration
Based: London, UK
Staff: 2

Non-Format is a creative team comprising Kjell Ekhorn (Norwegian) and Jon Forss (British). They work on a range of projects including art direction, design and illustration for music industry, arts & culture, fashion and advertising clients.

I really like their typographic work. It has that graphic design thing but pushes the envelope a bit. They obviously know their stuff, but their designs aren't conservative. I also really like the way many of them are black and white, no mid-tones, and still work really well. It's powerful stuff. I hope over the next year (or 2 if i do the BA course 3rd year) to be able to try many typographic "experiments", like limited colour palletes, black and white or a bit of print work. I hope this will give me more ideas to "cash in" later when I leave, however for the puposes of professional studies, I have no idea if they make money and are succesful. I will have to find out!

No comments: